"Our drivers can get around our area easier than most other places
without gridlock. In most cities, we find that there's a 45-minute to
– Jon Patton, Mangager, Frahley & Shilling Trucking
With easy access by highway, airport, railroad, and river barge, Jefferson
County and Steubenville are well positioned between the East Coast markets
and Midwest markets
Tri-State Regional Map
U.S. Regional Map
500-Mile Radius Map
• Jefferson County is within about one day's truck-drive of 60% the U.S. population.
• Jefferson County and Steubenville are within 35 miles of 1.25 million people.
• Jefferson County is a suburb of Pittsburgh, the "'Burb of the Burgh."
Downtown Steubenville is less than 30 miles (with no stoplights) from the Pittsburgh International Airport.
The drive from Steubenville to the Pittsburgh airport is often quicker than from
downtown Pittsburgh. The completion of the Findlay Connector (now under construction) will shorten our
drive time even further.
• Downtown Pittsburgh is 36 miles from the Veterans' Memorial Bridge, which
brings U.S. Route 22 across the Ohio River and into Steubenville, the Jefferson
• Jefferson County is serviced by the four-lane Highways U.S. Route 22 and
State Route 7. Interstates 70, 76 and 79 are 30 miles away.
• The Jefferson County Airpark is expanding its runway to 4,400 feet to
accommodate larger airplanes. An extension to 5,000 feet is being planned.
Fuel, hangars and conveniences for pilots are available at the Airpark.
• Jefferson County has six ports on the Ohio River, more than any other county
in Ohio. The Ohio River carries more freight tonnage than the Panama Canal
and is at only 30 percent capacity.
• Rail service is provided by Norfolk Southern and Wheeling & Lake Erie.
• More than 41,000 cars and trucks cross the Veterans' Memorial Bridge daily.
See more traffic count data on major corridors in Steubenville and Wintersville by clicking here or on state routes
throughout the county at the ODOT Traffic Survey Report.
• Jefferson County offers multiple options for high-speed connections to
the Internet and major telecommunications lines. SBC, Verizon, and
Comcast provide T3, T1, DSL, and cable modem broadband services. A Point
of Presence (POP) with AT&T is located in Steubenville.
• Improvements to U.S. 22 have helped make Pittsburgh an easy commute
as well as allow Wal-Mart to build a massive 880,000-square-feet distribution
center near the interchange with S.R. 43. Jefferson County's Progress Alliance
continues to advocate for highway improvements in eastern Ohio.
The US 22/US 36/OH 16-corridor continues to hold promise as the most direct
route between Pittsburgh and Columbus. Over half of the corridor is already
four-lane highway. U.S. Representative Bob Ney has helped secure $750,000
to study the Cadiz to Newcomerstown section.
Click here to see a map of the proposed US 22- US 250- US 36 Corridor